June 2018 Cause - The Trevor Project
Each month BLōFISH chooses a cause to donate 10% of every sale to. We were founded on two major ideas: To give back to our community and that clothing should be ALL4ALL. Our ALL4ALL mentality isn't just for clothes, though. It's important for us to practice what we preach, which is why we're proud to announce that the June 2018 charity is The Trevor Project.
About The Trevor Project
The Trevor Project was founded in 1998 by the creators of the Academy Award®-winning short film TREVOR. The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ+) young people under 25.
This cause, in particular, is important to us this Pride season not only because Pride Festivals are where we got our start, but because we've lost many of our own LGBTQ+ friends to suicide. If you're an LGBTQ+ person, we want you to know that ALL4ALL includes you, and we're in your corner. If you have an LGBTQ+ friend who is struggling, we encourage you to direct them to The Trevor Project and to reach out to them.
Why Do Youth Need The Trevor Project?
LGBT youth experience depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues at an exponential rate compared to their heterosexual peers. To learn more, visit The Trevor Project's website.
- Suicide attempts by LGB youth and questioning youth are 4 to 6 times more likely to result in injury, poisoning, or overdose that requires treatment from a doctor or nurse, compared to their straight peers.
- In a national study, 40% of transgender adults reported having made a suicide attempt. 92% of these individuals reported having attempted suicide before the age of 25.
- Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among young people ages 10 to 24.
- LGB youth seriously contemplate suicide at almost three times the rate of heterosexual youth.
- LGB youth are almost five times as likely to have attempted suicide compared to heterosexual youth.
The Pride Collection
In conjunction with donating 10% of every sale in the month of June to The Trevor Project, we're excited to announce the return of our exclusive Pride line! June is the only time you can get these items, and they sell out quick, so make sure to get your orders in before you miss out until 2019. Our highly-requested rainbow hats will be making a return, as well as special EQUAL. shirts, and some brand-new items for you.
We couldn't do what we do without you, so thank you for supporting BLōFISH, The Trevor Project, and the ALL4ALL message.